A new pattern editor for inkle loom projects : http://www.raktres.net/seizenn/loom_weaving_editor.html
This tool is an editor for several band weaving technics such as plain wave, double weave, pickup. It’s suitable for in inkle loom or backstrap weaving. You can find examples on the gallery
For an introduction to inkle loom, visit http://aspinnerweaver.blogspot.fr/p/resources.html
Just select a color on the “loom color pallet” and clic on the pattern.
- global pallet: you can list all the colors you have in your basket. You can use this list for all your patterns.
- “pick” get the selected color into the color chooser. You can then adjust it and use the “replace” button to save the change.
- loom pallet: just select from the global pallet the colors you want to use for your pattern. Use “add”, “remove” and “replace” buttons to take a color from you global pallet into the loom pallet, remove it or do a swap.
- “rotate” and “shuffle”: to permute colors used in the pattern.
- loom width: to change the numbers of threads of the loom
- “symmetry”: just replicate the left part of the pattern on the right part.
Save a pattern
To save a pattern, look at the “export” panel on the left.
- The direct link is updated automatically when you do a change. You can use it to save a pattern or a global color pallet.
- You can use a short link to share you pattern. The «save» button create both a short link and a VisualCode.
Only use this function when you think your pattern is finished
- To create a PNG picture of your pattern, use the «create PNG» button. Be sure to update first the short link (if needed).
A new picture is visible on the central bloc or you can just click on the link “link to png”.
Use the “direct link” to:
- Save a pattern to keep trace of your global color pallet
- Share a pattern: just send the link (see exemples on “exemples” bloc)
- For advanced users, hack you pattern or your pallet by modifying the link
In progress project. Look at posts for last news. Feel free to send comments.
An example of PNG generated picture. Clic on pattern to go to the editor. Other patterns could be found on the gallery